Saturday, May 16, 2009

I cant dance...I cant talk...only thing about me is the way I walk!

Saturday mornings are usually my favorite day of the week. Here, let me take you through a day in the life shall we? We always have morning shoot around up at the stadium about 9 am. Since I am not used to waking up much before 10 everyday, you can imagine the struggle.

9:00 AM - Shoot around is always pretty simple, with a couple shooting games and a walk through of our opponent for the night. During this time there is younger basketball leagues being played on the other 3 courts. The kids are somewhere between 8-12 years old, so afterwards we always hand out posters, play some games with them, sign autographs, and just have interaction with them to get them excited about the game.

10:30 AM - Breakfast at Mackers (or McDonalds for your normal American people ha). I usually like to do this alone, you know...get a little Scott time. I hang out with myself, laugh at my always entertaining jokes and one liners, but mostly prepare for tonights ball game. Today however a younger teammate wanted to come along, so it was nice for someone else to laugh at my jokes for a change.

11:15 Zest Workout Facility. Zest is a large physical fitness center and its where Marcus and I go to lift, along with getting recovery treatment. This is why I wake up with a smile every Saturday morning! I go up to the weight room first to just do a routine workout. Today was much more entertaining than usually because the "Womens Dance Workout Team" was in the side during there stuff. Now I have to tell you, if you actually sit and watch these women, it will completely brighten your day. The instructor is a Black (very fit) American lady who can move like you wouldnt believe. She's smooth, silky, and just has it working. But what is great to watch are the 30 women (ranging from 20 years old to about 60 years old) follow her routine. There were about 3 ladies correctly following the instructor, the rest however I think were trying to mix in some of their own stuff. A few ladies just give up after a while and sit down lol. Its an advanced class so the lady is unbelievable...therefore I cant make fun of these girls cuz I'd be just as bad. Note to self: The Jitterbug is not a dance move anymore. Louise the all purple wearing lady needs to go ahead and keep that dance move back in the 80's.

After lifting I head down to loosen up in the pool. After during my pool workout, the enjoyment begins. A massage followed by sitting in the massive sauna for an hour does the trick! Man I love this job!

1:00 PM - Usually head across the street to the library. I always have a little time to kill, therefore I like to stop in and sit down, and try to read some. However, I am so relaxed that I almost always end up drifting away on the couch. Marian the Librarian (her name is Sue but I call her this anyway and she loves it) usually gives me a hard time.

2:00 PM - Grab some lunch then head over to Tony's house. Tony is a teammate of ours who has played in the league for about 12 years now. He's a great guy who has really been helpful to both of us. We head out to the golf course and get a round of 9 in.

4:30 PM - Pregame nap! Throw in a movie and we are all out like fat kids in dodge ball!

6:30 PM - Pregame meal. Tony's wife Sarah is a great cook, and she always hooks us up with some Pasta and other stuff. Shes great!

7:15 PM - Head off to the game. Get a half hour shoot around is a must. I listen to some music and just focus on what is ahead. After this is over I head into the training room to get my legs rubbed down, and off to the dressing room.

8:30 PM - Tip off. Now I would be lying if I said that its not weird to hear another National Anthem play before a game...but its weird. Where's my stars and stripes? The best thing about the Australian Anthem is that its like 30 seconds long. I think I know the words by now though, I'm getting pretty good.

Our game tonight we captured our 7th win in a row. We are the hottest team in the league right now and are getting more confident every game. Tonights team was one of the weaker teams...so we both actually sat out most of the 4th quarter. These type of games arent as enjoyable. Sometimes they are nice but most of the time they arent. 10-4 is our record and it doesnt look like we will be slowing down anytime soon! Hope all is well back home...by the way, its still 80 degrees here ;-)

Just heard Matt and Anna are having a baby! Uncle Scott has a nice ring to it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment