Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Summertime is finally here...that old ball park man is back in gear!

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing great! A quick update on the games. Last week we played another top ranked team and continued our dominance! We have now won our last four games and dont look to be slowing down. On paper we look almost unbeatable. Marcus and I are the imports who play the backcourt. Our 3 is a veteran role player who has played for about 10 years now. And our 4 and 5 man are both National League players. In fact, our new 4 man play college ball at Old Dominion, and was on the Australian National team. He is about a 6'10 shooting guard. So needless to say, I have a lot of options to pass to! Dont worry though, I am still planning on shooting the thing once in a while. This weekend we have a double header against two of the weaker teams in the league, so hopefully we come out and smash them both.

Continuing on with basketball, congrats to Matt on becoming the new head coach at Mt. Vernon Naz in Ohio. Its a great program that is known for making the NAIA national tournament year in and year out. He will do great things!

Walking through the park tonight I decided to grab a seat on a bench and enjoy my chinese. Already flustered because of my struggling translation with the lady at the restuarant, I took out my Sweet and Sour Chicken and began to enjoy. Honestly, I'm not sure how to say "I DONT WANT WHITE RICE AND VEGGIES" in Mandarin Chinese, but I think I did a decent job of my hand waving, snarling, and continuous head shaking in the no direction. Honestly, we dont need to speak the same language for me to point through a tiny glass window! Anyway, as I say down to enjoy, the moonlight was really bright, illuminating (thats right mom, college did me well!) the entire park. I put in my Ipod and began to listen to some Mellencamp. All of a sudden, I was transformed back into summer mode. I could picture being on the lake with the boys, doing morning workouts at CC, working at the Park Dept., fishing, going to baseball games, 4th of July fireworks, etc....

Its amazing how a simple song can take you back to a time and place in your life. It really is the best vacation you can take! So therefore, this post is all about Summer Time Songs. I am leaving you with a top ten list of my favorite summertime songs. Then maybe a couple extra. If you dont like it or disagree, who cares! haha. Make your own list :-) But you can be sure that this is what I will be jamming in about a month until August!

1. Summertime- Will Smith
2. Stand By Me- Ben E. King
3. Wild Nights- Van Morrison
4. Summer of 69- Bryan Adams
5. Tom Petty- Mary Jane
6. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
7. Hotel California- Eagles
8. Jack & Diane/Aint Even Done with the Night- Mellencamp
9. I Get Around- Beach Boys
10. Dancing in the Moonlight- King Harvest
Jackie Wilson Said- Van Morrison
Otis Redding- Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Summer Nights- Grease :-)
Dani California- Chilli Peppers
On & On- Steven Bishop
Escape- Rupert Holmes
Under the Boardwalk- Drifters
Longest Time- Billy Joel
Summer Breeze- Seals & Crofts
Cruel Summer- Bananarama

I tell you what, those are pretty good tunes ;-) Until next time! Pictures of games coming soon! Also I will be including some things that you can purchase if you are interested in buy a t-shirt, sweat shirt, jersey, shorts, etc. You too can become a Wanneroo Wolfpack Fan lol.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you've posted again. Can't wait for more pics. Love, Momma Moore

    ReplyDelete